6 Places to Get Cheap Textbooks Online
College is expensive enough without adding in textbook prices! Knowing where to to get the best deal on textbooks can take some of the stress out of the college experience. Here we have compiled a list of our favorite places to buy, rent, sell or even get free textbooks. But, The bottom line is where to get cheap text books online! Check out the list below before heading to the campus book store.
1. OpenStax College
- OpenStax College is a nonprofit organization that provides FREE textbooks.
- You can view them online, on your mobile device, download them as pdfs or print them.
- Thriftbooks is an amazing online resource.
- Whether you’re a student (or a parent) looking for a great deal on a textbook, or an adult interested in some of the bestselling books read and taught in schools and universities, look no further! Start searching for the books you need in the Textbook category.
- There are over 7 million used books and textbooks sold for very cheap.
- Shipping is FREE on orders over $10! Or shipping is only $1.00 on orders over $10.
- On Amazon you can Buy, Sell and Rent textbooks.
- Hardcover, paperbacks and ebooks are offered here.
- Renting is a great option, it is substantially cheaper than purchasing the book! Amazon gives you a due date for returning the book and if you need to keep it for longer you can easily pay for an extension.
- If you have Amazon Prime shipping is free on most textbook purchases.
- If you don’t have Amazon Prime, students can get a 6 month trial for free! Lean more about it here.
- Half.com is a website run by Ebay.
- You can buy and rent textbooks at low prices.
- You can rent textbooks for 30-125 days.
- Plus, return shipping is free!
- You can sell textbooks here as well.
- Abe.com sells new and used international editions of textbooks for about 1/5th of the price of US textbooks.
- International edition textbooks are created to be sold in different regions and are often printed on cheaper paper and are usually softcover.
- The content may be the same as the U.S. version, or may have small differences such as the book cover, ISBN, pagination, or region code.
- The books are sold by small stores in the US, so shipping times will vary.
If all else fails and you can’t find the book you need on any of the above sites, use TextBookly to compare textbook prices on over 35 online textbook retailers!
Remember that there are ways around paying full price for textbooks. Get started early when shopping for cheap textbooks online! Don’t procrastinate and be forced to pay full price. Check your local college Facebook groups and Craigslist, too. Still short on money for your budget? You can also lessen some of the financial burden by being a smart shopper in other areas of your life. See all the best coupon deals to save money on food, household essentials and more!