Must Have Apps to Save a Ton of Money
Having coupon apps on your phone is one of the easiest ways to save money! Get money back for store purchases you were already going to make and you don’t have to bother the cashier with coupons. Score! Plus, you can use more than one app at a time.
If you have an item you bought at the store that is on more than one app, you can submit both offers! You can also use a coupon at the store AND get the app credit. That’s more money back in your pocket. Get started with the list below to find out everything you need to know about the best coupon apps!
A Few Tips
- ALWAYS be sure to read the details and exclusions on any offer before you use it. Some may be limited by sizes or stores.
- Read the FINE PRINT!
- Check to make sure the offer is still available before buying it. Sometimes offers can run out fast! I always scan and submit for my app offers before I leave the parking lot to insure I will get my credit.
The Best Money Saving Coupon Apps
iBotta is one of my favorite coupon apps as it is the most user friendly. It works on IOS and Android Platforms. This is not points or credits. Get real cash via PayPal or Venmo, or buy a gift card with your earnings. You can submit a receipt from 189 supported stores. Get cash back everywhere you shop with rebates at hundreds of stores.
100% of your Ibotta earnings can be transferred to PayPal or Venmo as soon as you’ve earned $20. If you’d rather convert your earnings into a gift card, you can do that, too. Offers are added all the time.
- Download the Ibotta app, available on iOS and Android. The app is required to submit a receipt.
- Before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
- Buy the products you’ve unlocked at any supported store.
- Scan your product barcodes, then submit a photo of your receipt.
- You’ll have the cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours.
Some stores have a loyalty card you can link. If your store participates then all you have to do is activate the offer before you shop. Everything else is done automatically – no receipts to upload. iBotta will notify you when you rebate is deposited into your account.
Mobisave is a newer app, but my experience is that it’s user friendly and has fast payouts making it one of the best coupon apps! There’s nothing to activate. Go to the store and if you bought something on the Mobisave app you can get cash back. It works on IOS and Android Platforms. Offers usually last a long time on Mobisave. You can redeeem Mobisave offers once.
- Before shopping make sure to activate all MobiSave offers
- After shopping see if you have anything eligible on the App
- Click the box to the right of the items you have and lick the camera button at the bottom to upload your receipt
- Your cash back will automatically be paid into your Paypal account – no minimums (usually takes mine less than a day)
Downfall: They have less offers than most apps, but I always check them any time I make a trip to the store.
The best part about Checkout51 is that you can shop at any store – the offers are NOT store specific. You can even claim purchases you made online IF your receipt (invoice) arrives before the offer expires. Packing slips are accepted for items purchased online.
You do NOT need a mobile device to use Checkout51. It can be done on a desktop computer. Checkout51 also works on IOS and Android Platforms.
You can buy multiples with this App! Some offers may be claimed multiple times. Tap into the offer to see its claim limit.
Checkout51 one offers change weekly : Offers go live on Thursdays at 12:00 AM in each time zone. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM in each time zone. You must upload your receipts while the offers are live.
- Browse your offers and buy products at any store.
- Upload your receipt using Checkout 51.
- They’ll confirm your purchase and credit your account.
- When your account balance reaches $20, you can cash out and we’ll mail you a check.
Downfall: They need to mail you a check when you hit $20. This means a little bit of a wait to get your money back. It’s a bonus when it arrives though!
I’ll tell you right now this is my least favorite App. It’s not user friendly and it’s difficult to get items to scan. BUT I still use it because I can earn money back on products. You can use Savingstar on a desktop or IOS and Android.
They have grocery offers listed and you earn cash back similar to the other apps. They have more restrictions, but if you pay attention you can still get some cash back. Savingstar is the slowest to payout which post to your account between 2 – 22 days after your purchase.
You can load store loyalty cards for specific stores and upload receipts for others. You can cash out when you have at least $5 and choose to have it sent to a bank account, PayPal or donate to charity. You must activate your SavingStar offers BEFORE you buy the product to insure credit.
Downfall: If you use any manufacturer coupons on the item you buy you cannot use Savingstar. Savingstar offers are the same as a manufacturer coupon and are not intended to be using with another manufacturer coupon.
BerryCart is an app that is catered to eating healthy. You earn cash back on products that are organic, gluten-free, non GMO and more. It works on IOS and Android Platforms. You find deals, learn about the company (small tidbits of info) and then you snap and earn. These are one time rebates. Within 24 hours BerryCart will send you real money that can be cashed out through PayPal or various gift cards.
You can find products offered in BerryCart in over 100,000 locations including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Walmart, Target, Safeway, and Kroger. You can use BerryCart in any store that provides you a valid receipt.
Sign up for BerryCart and use referral code: 8aYIIzNyU2 to get a free $2.00 bonus!
Coupon apps are definately one of my favorite ways to save! Remember to scroll through these apps the next time you go grocery shopping. Spending a few minutes scanning your purchases can really pay off, especially if you’re consistent about it.
What’s your favorite coupon app?
Related Post: How to Get Free Gift Cards