In Depth CVS Coupon Policy
Coupons save you a lot of money on products! Use them correctly to make checking out go smoothly, which in turn will keep cashiers happy and help you avoid headaches. To shop at CVS you’ll want to understand their complicated coupon policy.
Couponing at CVS
- The first thing you’ll want to do is sign up for a CVS.com account. You can join online or on the CVS app. This will maximize your savings by allowing you to upload digital coupons to your store card.
- As an added bonus, you will receive $5 in Extra Care Bucks just for signing up!
CVS Extra Care Card
- Next, sign up to get the Extra Care Card. You can do this online or in store.
- Link your CVS.com account and your CVS card in your account profile
- This card allows you to earn Extra Care Bucks.
- Scan your card at checkout every time you make a purchase. Earn back 2% in ExtraBucks on most items in the store.
What are Extra Care Bucks?
- CVS has a rewards program called Extra Care Bucks (otherwise know as ExtraBucks or ECBs). There a new ways to earn them weekly and monthly. There will be signs around your CVS store that will tell you when you can earn Extra Bucks on certain purchases. ECBS will be printed at the bottom of your receipt. ECBs can be spent on your next purchase. Treat Extra Care Bucks like cash that you can spend only at CVS.
- ECBs cannot be used for Cash or Gift Cards
- ECBs cannot be refunded or reissued so don’t lose them (see how to sign up for digital receipts below).
- ECBs can be printed at the ExtraCare Coupon Center; or can be found at the bottom of your printed or digital receipt or in your CVS.com account.
- Your Extra Care Card can make it easy to keep track of all your rewards.
What If I Lose My Extra Care Bucks?
Do not lose those ECBs as they will not be refunded or reissued. Sign up for digital receipts (in store) to keep track of everything on your Extra Care Card.
CVS Coupon Rules
- Coupons must be presented during checkout in order to receive the discount.
- Coupons cannot be expired.
- Coupons must be legible.
- Coupons must have a scannable barcode.
- Coupons are acceptable in black and white or color.
- Coupons may not be duplicated.
- CVS holds the right to refuse a coupon for any reason.
- If a coupon value is higher than the product price, the value of coupon will be reduced to equal the price of the product.
Can I Use More Than One Coupon Per Item?
Yes! This is called coupon stacking. CVS has store coupons that you CAN stack with a manufacturer coupon. You can use CVS coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item. Manufacturer coupon is abbreviated as MFR.
Do I pay tax when I use coupons?
Yes, you will pay applicable sales tax on the full price of the item before coupons.
Percentage Off Coupon Rules
CVS will issue percentage off coupons, such as a coupon for 20% off a $30 purchase. Percent off coupons may only use used on non-promotional/non-sale items. Each coupon will have it’s own exclusions printed on it as well.
- You are able to send available deals and coupons to your ExtraCare card from CVS.com, CVS app, or CVS emails.
- Click on the “Send-to-Card” icon and view the success indicator to make sure the coupon loaded.
- Scan your ExtraCare card at the register to use the digital coupons.
- The cashier will ensure it is applied to that transaction during the checkout process if you ask.
What is the Extra Care Coupon Center?
This is a big machine inside the store sometimes referred to as the Red Coupon Machine. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
- Each week you can Scan your CVS ExtraCare card at the ExtraCare Coupon Center to get CVS store coupons. You can use those CVS coupons with manufacturer coupons.
- Keep scanning until the machine says “Hey Super Scanner! You’ve printed all your coupons” to make sure you get all of them.
- Coupons are given away randomly and based on shopping habits. Some coupons are given to everyone. It just depends.
- CVS resets the coupons based on your habits on Monday mornings, so be sure to check back weekly!
- If you want to see what coupons you have before using the ExtraCare Coupon Center these coupons can be accessed from your CVS account online or the CVS app. You can also print these coupons from home!
- Keep in mind that you can only use each of these CVS Coupons ONCE.
Other ways to save
- Watch your email for special coupons.
- Look at your receipts.
- Check MyWeekly Ad for sale and Extra Care Bucks offers.
- Sign up for BeautyClub – Every $50 spent on beauty Gets you $5 ECB’s
- Check the CVS tab on Easy College Coupons for the best weekly deals.
Alright, that’s everything you need to know! You’re ready to be a couponing pro at CVS. Now go out there and start saving!