In Depth Rite Aid Coupon Policy
One of my favorite stores to coupon at is Rite Aid! They have an easy system that is fully explained below. Learn the system and you can be saving lots of $$$!
Couponing at Rite Aid
To get started couponing at Rite Aid, you will want to get a Plenti Card. You can sign up in store or join online.
Once you have your Plenti card then sign up for a wellness +with Plenti. Once you do you will have these benefits:
- Earn up to 20% off almost anything in store.
- Manage and redeem coupons simply with Load2Card.
- Earn Plenti points in-store and at RiteAid.com.
- Access to Members-only sale pricing and discounts throughout the store.
Types of Coupons Accepted at Rite Aid
Manufacturer coupons are found in newspapers, magazines and even affixed to products. The UPC on these coupons begins with a “5.”
Rite Aid Manufacturer Coupons
Rite Aid Manufacturer coupons generally appear in our weekly circular, on our website and are sent to customers via email. These coupons are labeled “manufacturer coupon” and have a UPC that begins with “49.”
Rite Aid Valuable Coupons
Rite Aid coupons are labeled “Valuable Coupon” and have a UPC that begins with “48.”
Internet/Print at Home coupons
Rite Aid will accept internet / print at home coupons.
Rite Aid has electronic coupons available that can be loaded directly on a wellness+ card or Plenti card. The register automatically “rings” the coupon when the qualifying item is scanned. These are called Load2Card coupons.
Buy One, Get One Free
You can use Buy One Get FREE Coupons at Rite Aid.
You cannot use a BOGO FREE Coupon with a BOGO FREE Sale.
You can use a BOGO coupon with a cents off coupon. For example use a BOGO Pantene Hair coupon and a $1/2 Pantene coupon on both products. The only rule is that the cents off coupon cannot exceed the selling price.
Total Purchase Coupons
Sometimes you may get “total purchase coupons.” For example $5 off a $25 purchase price threshold coupon. This means you must spend $25 before tax (and before other coupons are applied) first and $5 will be deducted. When using a total purchase coupon you can use coupons (like a manufacturer coupon) for individual items as well.
Rite Aid Coupon Rules
- Coupons must be valid and in date; Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Register will validate coupon through scanning or keyed entry of the coupon UPC number.
- In the event that any item’s selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Rite Aid will accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is allowed. This means they will reduce the amount of the coupon to equal the price of the item and it will be FREE.
- When making a return for a product that had a coupon attached, Rite Aid cannot refund cash for the value of the coupon and cannot return the coupon that was used.
- Rite Aid reserves the right to not accept any coupon where the validity of the coupon cannot be established.
Can I Use More Than One Coupon Per Item?
Yes! This is called coupon stacking. All coupons used must match the item being purchased. And the total of the coupons is equal to or less than the selling price. This means you can get items for FREE. You can use up to 3 coupons per item:
- One “48” Rite Aid Valuable coupon.
- One “49” Rite Aid Manufacturer coupon.
- One “5” Manufacturer coupon can be used on a single item.
Rite Aid only has to let you use coupons to buy 4 of the same item. IF you want to buy more than 4 you must get manager’s permission. It is up to the discretion of the manager and stock on hand.
Do I pay tax when I use coupons?
Yes, you will pay applicable sales tax on the full price of the item before coupons.
What are Plenti Points?
- Plenti Points are another way to save at Rite Aid!
- Earn Plenti Points on things you buy every day.
- You can use a Plenti Card, key tag or enter your linked phone number at the register.
- Points expire, but not for 2 years!
- Plenti points that are earned can be used the next day after 6am to buy products.
- 100 Points = $1.00
What are Wellness+ Points?
- Earn Wellness+ Points for every purchase. These are different than Plenti Points.
- You earn these points in conjunction with Plenti Points offers.
- Earn 1 wellness+ point for every dollar spent on non-prescription purchases.
- Earn up to 25 wellness+ points for every prescription filled.
Wellness+ Points Add Up to More Savings.
- Earn 100 Points to Bronze Status and get a 10% off shopping pass for every 100 points.
- Earn 500 Points to Silver Status and enjoy 10% off almost the entire store for a year.
- Earn 1000 points to Gold Status to get 20% off almost the entire store for a year!
Other Ways to Save
- Watch your email for special coupons.
- Look at your receipts.
- Check the Weekly Ad for savings, sale and Plenti Point offers each week.
- Check the Rite Aid tab on Easy College Coupons for the best weekly deals.
Now you’re a master of couponing at Rite Aid! Right? Okay, so it may take a little longer to get a complete handle on things. But in no time, I’m sure you’ll come to appreciate the simplicity of couponing at Rite Aid.